2016年9月14日星期三

Article: How to Make a Full Wig with a Closure

I did not record MY process of making this wig, mainly because I didn’t finish the unit in one sitting.  There are several steps involved and I’ll do my best to describe exactly how I created my full wig and include the video tutorial already posted to YouTube that best helped me.  First you will need to gather your materials:
  • 2-3 bundles/packs of hair:  I used bundles of their curly virgin Indian hair from Perfect Locks – two 18” and one 16”.
  • Spandex Stretch Dome Cap:  I prefer spandex dome caps over weaving caps because they have more elasticity to them.
  • Curved Sewing Needle(s):  I use three needles and thread each of them so I can move a bit faster.
  • Weaving Thread:  Use the color that matches the hair you will be using – in my case black.
  • Wig Head:  Styrofoam wig heads are available at most beauty supply stores or online.  If you plan to make wigs on a regular basis, you may even want to invest in acanvas wig head that is the same circumference as your head.
  • Wig Head Holder:  These handy tools hold the head in place and make it so much easier to maneuver while your wig is in progress!
Below is the video from weave vlogger Peakmill on how to make a full wig with a lace closure that I followed almost exactly.  I love Peakmill’s videos because she always includes all pertinent details in the video and/or information box, does very little “extra” talking and explains everything very clearly.
Like Peakmill, I sewed on my lace closure first, one track of hair on the underside of the cap and then proceeded to sew on each bundle.  There were a few differences in my process – one I did not circle the thread around the needle with each stitch.  That method works great when I am doing a traditional sew in by adding more security, but to keep as much of the stretchy integrity of the cap I simply did a regular loop stitch around the wefts.  I find doing this simple stitch allows for a bit more flexibility.  Also, I did not sew threw the tracks with each fold, instead I just made a small knot at the end of each row to make it flat and secure.  Peakmill is absolutely correct, if you sew onto the seam(s) of the cap, it will lose its stretchiness.  My cap only had one large seam and I took special care not to sew on it or on the seams at the edge of the cap either.
One note – the Styrofoam wig head is much smaller than my head.  So to make sure the finished wig would actually fit me, I placed a knit beret on my cap, covered with a towel and then taped a plastic bag around it with duct tape.  The cap and towel added width to make it closer to my head size and the plastic cap and tape gave it a smooth surface so I wouldn’t end up sewing the wig to the towel beneath.  Hopefully that makes sense.  I also made sure to keep the cap stretched as I was sewing – in the past I have made the mistake of making my stitches too small and tight causing the cap to actually shrink and lose its stretchiness.
Once finished – I cut away the cap beneath the closure like Peakmill did in her video and my unit was finished.  I have not added the elastic band as so far I haven’t found it necessary but certainly will employ that method if I find the edge of the wig to be lifting.   I will have a separate post on using a closure, so for info on the procedure of prepping and installing the closure read here!
I hope this was helpful and as always if you have any questions, just ask below and I’ll be more than happy to answer!
If any interest or question, pls contact 
winnie@cnprincesshair.com 
Whatsapp: +8618620542502
More information about us pls visit
www.princesshair.en.alibaba.com
http://www.gzprincesshair.com/
http://gzprincesshair.bigcartel.com/


没有评论:

发表评论